Pain in left testicle, hurts while lying down or masturbation or erection. Advise?

Hi I have pain in my left Testicle, it don't hurt when i walk but it hurts when i lay down, or when i masturbate or get an erection. I think i may have over masturbated.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. It is true that trauma during masturbation can cause testicular pain. Other than that excessive bicycle riding and prostatic infection can cause such kind of testicular pain.

Sometimes sitting on an inadequately padded surface or for prolonged periods of time is causing transient irritation to the prostate which is already inflamed. This could be appearing as the pain on top of testicles.

In your case, it can be due to trauma during masturbation. For relief, try the following treatment options:

1)     Apply cold compresses on the testicle and take an doctor. This will reduce the swelling inside.

2)     Secondly, avoid lifting heavy weights till you are completely fine, try to maintain a healthy weight, quit smoking (if any) and eat high-fiber foods.

3)     Also place a rolled towel under your scrotum when you lie down or wear athletic support instead of boxers.

4)     Avoid having rough intercourse till the symptoms resolve.

If the pain persists or increases in severity, any neurological pain as well as epididymitis and orchitis (infection of the testicles) needs to be ruled out. Then it is mandatory to get a few investigations done. These include ultrasound lower abdomen, testicular ultrasound and color Doppler, urethral swab, PSA (prostatic specific antigen) and NCV (nerve conduction velocity) test done. Best would be to get these investigations done from a urologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.