Pain in left rib cage, neck and under right arm. Accompanied with sweating. What is going on?

I have got a pain at the bottom of my left rib cage, when i press the area it can be quite tender. I also have alot of pain in my neck an under my right arm- when i say pain its more of a dull ache which leaves my arm feeling heavy. Sometimes i get a ball like feeling under my right chest- lower part, which i sometimes av to make myself sick just to ease the pain- this pain can come with me sweating, nightime tends to be worst. I am 35years. my weight as gone from a heathly 11stone to 13stone, iam 5ft 7inchs.
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 5 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

I would like to know is there any history of injury to the involved part and also the duration of the symptoms and any redness and history of gastric upset.

The pain in the lower part of the chest is either due to gastritis or due to muscle spasm.

The neck pain may be due to bad posture or due to muscle spasm. Sometimes referred pain from the abdominal viscera can also be felt in the shoulder and in neck.

If you have any symptoms of gastritis i advice you to take antacids or drugs like proton pump inhibitor these will reduce the acid formation and help in relieving symptoms. These are available as over the counter medication. It is better to avoid spicy food, smoking and alcohol.

Also you can apply analgesic gel to the affected part and will be helpful in addressing the pain due to muscle spasm.

I advice you to follow the conservative approach for 4 to 5 days. If the pain persists after this i advice you to see physician for through examination.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer