Pain in left groin and pelvic area. What does it indicate?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
my husband is having pain in his left groin area and pelvic area
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain in left groin and pelvis area causes.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The area affected by the pain (left groin and pelvis) might refer to problems with urinary tract. This is especially true if the pain is also associated with problems while urinating (burning, pain, difficulty, etc.). So, I'd suggest to do urine analysis, urine culture and sensitivity and abdominal ultrasound to make the right diagnosis and take the right treatment. Another problem could be related to prostate. The abdominal echo and blood PSA level will clarify it. If your husband has had problems with bowel movement (constipation/diarrhea), most probably bowel problems should be evaluated. Meanwhile, ask your husband to have any pain-killer such as buscopan or spazmex until you wait for the results to be in. Ask him to drink more water and avoid caffeine, alcohol, tobacco or chillies. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact me again! I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Bardha