Pain in knee joints with burning sensation under feet. Have moderate bp and type 2 diabetes. Advice?

some time i feel strong pain in my knee joints along with burning sensation at under feet . i also feel drosyness and fatigueness mainly in both legs. these all symptoms occured simultaneously and get away in a day or two by itself. I am 47 years old and have moderate high b.p and have type 2 diabeties for last two year and have been taking mediciene . I am unable to figure out this sudden onset of above symptoms. pls advise
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

The symptoms like burning sensation and the weakness in the lower limbs appear to be due to defective transmission in the nerves.

Such defective transmission can be seen in diabetics as a complication and is called Peripheral neuropathy.

The other possibility could be the compression to the nerves supplying the lower limb at the level of spinal cord. Such compression could be secondary to the age related Spinal spondylosis or infections damaging the spinal vertebrae.

I suggest you to consult a Neurologist who after examining you can rule out the above causes.

Meanwhile do take Multivitamin supplements which will improve the nerve health and reduce the symptoms to some extent.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Pain in knee joints with burning sensation under feet. Have moderate bp and type 2 diabetes. Advice? 32 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX ..Thanks for your answer the meantime i consult to a neurologist.would u pls suggest any multivitamin supplement
to improve nerve health, however i did take neuro kind plus for almost three months. One more point i would like to add that this problem occured veryseldom. and i have problem of back stifness with laying on bed or with waking up in morning.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can try Cap COBODEX, once a day dose in the morning after food is fine.

The problems you have, I strongly suspect to be due to nerve involvement itself.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.