Pain in eye with blurred vision. Used antibiotic drop. Experiencing heaviness in arms and legs. Reason?

hi on sun morning i felt like i got something in my left eye but could see nothing in it. i went out in to the cold for about 3 hrs and my vision in that eye became very blurred and there was a pain behind the eye. i was sat outside all this time on an easter parade float. when i went to get up i noticed my left arm was v heavy and i started to panic. then my left leg was heavy and i really started to panic the ambulance was called and they said it was likely to be an eye infection the nexy day me eye was very sticky i put in antibiotic drops and whilst still not 100% it is much much better and i can now see through it again. however i am stilol concerned about the heaviness in my arm and leg as i was not really given any explantion for this other than i was told i was not having a stroke which was my biggest worry. i was given an ecg and bp checks and all were normal blood sugar was 11.something could it be related to the eye infection or a trapped nerve or circulation or even just the cold.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Its already reassuring that your BP check, ECG, blood glucose and cardiovascular parameters were within normal limits. Acute loss of vision or blurred vision is a common problem in opthalmologic practice. Temporal retinal artery blockade, with reduction in the delivery of blood to the retina and optic nerves, responsible for firing visual impulses to the brain are usually involved. Its could have been a temporal possibility in your case. However, consulting an opthalmologist for a fundoscopy, to assess the integrity of the retina and the eye is advisable. An infection would be very unlikely to me, given the acute onset and amelioration of symptoms. antibiotherapy will very unlikely reverse symptoms this fast.
Environmental factors exposure to cold is a reasonable possibility to explain symptoms. A particular posture adopted, with a compression of a particular blood vessel or nerve could reasonably also explain your symptoms.
I do not think there is any need to panic. By I would still insist on double checking the integrity of the retina by doing a fundoscopy (eye exam)with your opthalmologist.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Pain in eye with blurred vision. Used antibiotic drop. Experiencing heaviness in arms and legs. Reason? 21 hours later
Hi have been to see a doctor this morning and have had bloods taken. confirmed not diabetic. i was at optician but not there till tomorrow. I had an eye test only last week and the pressures etc were all ok. i have been having itchy eyes along with nose running first thing in the morn for a couple of weeks i told opt this and she did a thorough eye examination and thought twas probably an allergy. that hte healthof eyes ok. the ambulancemen also thought it was an infection i used fucithalmic drops over the last three days and can see again. i am possibly worrying over nothing. can i rule out a XXXXXXX stroke and is there anything i should be made aware of.

thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 33 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
and thanks for the update. allergic rhinitis or conjonctivitis is a possibility to cause running nose and itchy draining eyes. Taking local anti inflammatories for the eyes (Maxidrol eye drops/ Naaxia) could be of help. But this might require association with systemic anti histamine drugs like Aureus and Primalan. Seeking the consent for doctor for prescription and follow up is mandatory.
With regards to the possibility of ministroke, I am do not really think twas the case from my personal and scientific reasoning.
For now, I suggest you just stay calm and see the doctor first for a proper medical check up. No worries for now.
Wishing you good health,
Luchuo, MD.