Pain below and behind right ear, under right eye, right foot. Reason?

Below and behind my right ear it really hurts right now, and I also have pain under my right eye, and my right foot hurts. Any ideas what's wrong?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

The pain below and behind your right ear with a referred pain under your right eye might be due to -

1) Neck muscle spasm- due to overuse or injury. Needs muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside along with pain killers for relief under guidance of an orthopaedician.

2)Middle ear infection- ASOM- needs an examination by ENT surgeon for diagnosis. Only broad spectrum antibiotics along with antiinflammatory drugs will help.

3) Dental pain- usually due to an impacted wisdom teeth. An X-ray of any un-erupted wisdom tooth will help in the diagnosis.

4)Swollen lymph nodes- may be due an ear or throat infection. Needs a thorough examination by an ENT surgeon for diagnosis.

The pain in the right foot does not seem to be related to your pain in the face.

Limb pains are commonly related to any injury or overuse sprain.

I suggest you to get an appointment from your ENT surgeon as soon as possible to know the cause of the pain. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.

Till then you can have a mild pain killer like ibuprofen for pain relief.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.