Pain behind knee, limping, cannot bend knee, minor discomfort, inflammation, connective tissue injury

hello, i fell this morning and got up with no problem a couple of hours later after sitting for about 30 minutes straight, the back of my knee was hurting slight limping but tolerable, now 14 hours later, i cannot bend my knee the slightest bit without extreme pain. I can stand on it with minor discomfort, walk with very little pain with a slight limp but cannot bend without extreme pain.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

Your symptoms are consistent with the features of inflammation. The inflammatory process is obviously induced by the injury. It could be a connective tissue (ligament / meniscal tears) injury or hair line fracture.

For pain relief you can anti-inflammatory-drugs/0000" >take anti inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen 400mg and apply ice pack to the area.

But what you really need is an examination of your knee by an Orthopedician. You may need an X XXXXXXX of the knee joint to rule out mild hair line fractures. You may also need stronger anti-inflammatory medications which unfortunately are not over the counter and cannot be suggested here. Adequate rest along with knee splinting / support may be required.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries as well.

Wish you a speedy recovery.