Pain at the tip of penis when urinating and ejaculating. Opening of the penis is slightly red. Treatment?

Jul 2016

Hi. I have a sharp pain at the tip of my penis when I urinate or ejaculate. The pain feels like it is coming from inside the urethra at the very tip of the penis and only when the urine reaches the tip. It started 2 days ago. The pain was not too bad before but is very strong now. Very sharp pain. Once the initial pain occurs, the pain subsides slowly while urinating. There is no discharge and I am in a monogomous relationship. After urinating there is no pain but if I squeeze the tip around the urethra, it is slightly sore. There is no visible indication of anything wrong but the opening of the penis is slightly red. Please advise.

Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to Inflamation of external Urinay meatus

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acute inflammation of external urinary meatus ( Urethritis).

This may be due to vaginal infection that your partner is likely to have (Vaginitis) which has been transmitted through sexual intercourse.

Please ask her to consult qualified Gynaecologist for clinical examination and take necessary treatment if required.

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

This should get cured within a week.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you