Pain and swelling in right breast. What test should I do?

63 y. o. male burning pain right breast. had antibio. twice for ten days. pain comes back like fire. small cyst felt about 2 inches right of nipple deep in. been seeing dr . have arith. med meloxicam. once for 30 days. what test do i ask for i' worried?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Breast abscess or tumour. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Swelling of the breast(Male breast) as two possibilities. Firstly it may be an abscess(pus collection) due to bacterial infection. Because it is painful and tender. Ultrasound of the swelling will help in diagnosis. I would advice analgesic for pain and antibiotic atleast for 2 weeks. If the abscess is big it needs to be drained by incision and drainage. Secondly it can be a tumour(Benign or malignant). An ultrasound guided FNAC(Fine needle aspiration cytology) will help in diagnosis. Treatment is based on the nature of the tumour. Consult with your doctor and ask for the above mentioned tests and follow the instructions. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. regards.