PCOS,birth control,intercourse with condom.Pregnant?

Question
A girl I recently with has pcos. Unfortunately, things happened and we had intercourse towards the end of her period. She said she was on birth control and a condom was used (I pulled out to ejaculate). Now, I realize the chances are very slim of getting her pregnant however, this may sound weird but I disposed of the condom in the toilet and flushed but am unsure if the condom actually went down. I am worried because of her disorder she would try to use the condom to get herself pregnant (I realize how crazy this sounds). I am smart enough to think that doing this would be incredibly difficult but am wondering if the toilet water would kill my sperm or if this would even be possible.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 44 minutes later

I can understand your concern for pregnancy but relax because the chances of pregnancy are negligible. The reasons are:
1) She is on birth control
2) Your partner is having PCOS which is primary cause of irregular ovulation and infertility
3) You had used a condom and there was no direct ejaculation inside the vagina.
4) Seminal fluid dries out very quickly when it's outside the body and once it's dried, the sperm die almost at once.

I have not come across a patient who has become pregnant by putting semen or sperms in the vagina when it has been flushed in a condom. So chances of pregnancy are less likely.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: PCOS,birth control,intercourse with condom.Pregnant? 35 minutes later
Appreciate the answers. I had assumed the same with the condom being in the "toilet water" as well when it's being flushed around. I imagine it would be fairly difficult in and of itself and I guess I forgot to mention we had intercourse near the end of her "period" so that would probably further eliminate chances since she wouldn't be ovulating but with PCOS that's uncertain in itself I guess.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for getting back. If you had intercourse near the end of her period then chances of pregnancy are almost nil because during periods, the hormonal changes are such that it does not favor fertilization. Moreover the lining of the uterus has been shed which does not favor implantation and there is no ova ( egg) with which sperms can fertilize because ova are released close to ovulation.

Hence chances of pregnancy are not there.