PCOD, folic acid, folinic, ovacare. Pregnancy possible?

hai,i was diagonsed by pcod ,from past one year i was taking XXXXXXX 35 and folic acid tablets ,i will get my periods regularly,now we decided to get pregnant and our doctor prescribed folinal and ovacare tablets i got my periods finally on july 6 when should i took my pregnancy tests ,can i get pregnant,am eager to get pregnant.please reply.thanks in advance.
this month i had an intercourse two days once,how much possibility that am getting pregnant this month.
from past two days my breast behaving differently and my nipples are paining and while passing urine my stomach is paining,am i pregnant.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 39 minutes later

Your enthusiasm for getting pregnant can be felt through your words.

You are having PCOD,in this condition multiple cysts are formed in the ovary and not rupturing.This leads to failure of ovulation and so that you can not conceive.

After treatment as you have taken, this becomes normal and you start ovulating.After that there are bright chances of you becoming pregnant.

The tablets given to you ,Ova care is said to help to increase fertility.Folic acid is given to prevent birth defects in the new born,so it is recommended to all the women who are planning pregnancy.

You had your periods on 6th July,until you miss your periods you can not go for pregnancy test.

Breast, urine changes can be seen in pregnant and non pregnant state too.

Please wait till you miss your periods.You should have intercourse on 12th to 16th day of your periods to increase chances of pregnancy.Please remain in touch with your doctor and take medicines as advised.

Wishing you all the best for getting pregnant.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: PCOD, folic acid, folinic, ovacare. Pregnancy possible? 1 hour later
actually doctor told to wait till august 6th and told to come back on 6th if i get periods r i wont get periods,but i have one doubt can we feel the pregnancy before the missed period? and i have to work r i have to take rest ,can i sleep normal, or i want to do anything special to get pregnant.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 4 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

I advise you to be patient, till date medical science is yet to progress to the level that it can diagnose pregnancy even before you miss period. First indication will be positive pregnancy test that detects the hormone in urine which is produced by products of conception. You can get a faster result by Beta HCG blood test but it is not the first and perfect test.

You have been asked to wait till 6th August as you will complete a month by then.

You can continue your routine as per your wish, no special precautions are needed. You do not need to make any special efforts, just as advised keep relation with your partner in the middle of the cycle.

Please keep clam and have faith in god,you will conceive and have baby. The symptoms of pregnancy start as the hormones increase in the blood. So it is unlikely you will show up symptoms now or till you miss the periods.

Wishing you best of luck,