Ovulation study report, follicle not rupturing. Advise and solution?

Question
my Et on 8th day was 4.9 mm rt ovary F1=14 F2=12, Lt ovary small
Et on 10th day was 6.3 mm rt ovary F1=19 F2=16, Lt ovary small
Et on 12th day was 8.3 mm rt ovary F1=21 F2=19, Lt ovary small
Et on 13th day was 8.7 mm rt ovary F1=21 F2=19, Lt ovary small
Et on 14th day was 9.8 mm rt ovary F1=21 F2=19, Lt ovary small
Et on 15th day was 9.8 mm rt ovary F1=21 F2=19, Lt ovary small
gynac says folicle is not rupturing... kindly help me understand these results? what does this mean? what is the solution? i want to be Mother... plez help.
Posted Thu, 24 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
From your ovulation study reports, it is evident that there were two dominant follicles in your right ovary. One follicle ruptures in every cycle and releases the egg which helps in conception.
In your case the follicle did not rupture spontaneously to release the egg. In such cases, injection Hcg is given to rupture the follicle. After giving the injection, the couple is advised to have intercourse over next 48 hours to have a successful conception.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Ovulation study report, follicle not rupturing. Advise and solution? 1 hour later
i hv done folicle study till 15th day..today is my 16th day... do u suggest me to do it even today? i hv read that sometimes folicle ruptures till 20th day.. is it true?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes follicles do rupture after 15th day too but in your case there is no progress in their size after 12th day. These are less likely to rupture when their growth has stopped 4 days ago. Still a follow up scan on day 18 will be helpful. Till then you can have sex with your partner on every alternate day.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Ovulation study report, follicle not rupturing. Advise and solution? 12 hours later
yesterdays (16th Day) folicle study showd only one folicle.. gynac said that means one out of two folicle is reptured.. he asked to have sex yesterday with my partner.. wanted to know how long does egg is there in utres? till what day shud we continue to hav sex now? what are the chances?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Hello.
An egg remains viable for almost 24 hours after it is released. After the follicle ruptures, you are advised to have sex with your prtner for next 48 hours.
The chances of conception with a successful ovulation in a single cycle are almost 20%. You need to try regularly for at least 6-8 months to have a successful conception.

Best regards.