Over weigh. Pain in fingers and foot. Having cracked heel. Face dullness after pregnancy. What to do?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I cant see the answer? Hello dr, now a days my 2 nd r 3 rd finger start pain. My left foot heel area, I have little crack also. That heel if I walk more or after sitting, it's 1 r 2 mins lot of pain. Now I am 33 year old, after delivery my weight also increase, belly also. My weight is 64kg but my height 5.2 only. After pregnant lots of problem. My face full darkness, my belly, headache, my foot pain, sometime piles problem, now my finger pain. Our food habit is 2 time rice, 1 time different food or some days 3 times rice Indian food. I m worried because my parents have sugar.. May be my case also like that.....
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 9 days later
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

There are number of causes for Heel pain and the most commonest among them is PLANTAR FASCITIS.
* Typically the pain is felt in the sole of the foot ,mostly under the heel either with standing or walking.
* The pain is also worse when first getting up in the morning or getting up from a period of sitting.

The management of this condition is as follows -
* Relative rest and simple massage of the foot along with stretching excercises
* Judicious use of analgesic antiinflammatory medicines
* Night splints may be useful to keep the foot in plantigrade position
* Use of MCR (micronised rubber) or silicon heels in the foot wear
* Maintaining appropriate body weight
* At time a single injection of corticosteroid in to the area of maximum pain will provide good pain relief.

Hope I have addressed your issues. Happy to help for any more clarifications.