Ovarial follicla increased to 27.6X24.5 mm, endometric thickness to 11.5mm. Is it safe to conceive?

Dear Dr. , My wife's ovarial follicla increased to 27.6X24.5 mm. Endometric thickness is 11.5mm. However the gynocologist is saying that it is no the perfect condition to conceive. Could you please explain.
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
The mature follicle usually measures around 18-20mm. In your wife's case, the follicle has overgrown and is not likely to rupture and release an ovum.
The endometrium is of normal thickness but the chances of ovulation are low in this cycle. You will have to try again in next cycle.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Ovarial follicla increased to 27.6X24.5 mm, endometric thickness to 11.5mm. Is it safe to conceive? 34 minutes later
what may be the reason for the overgrow of the follicle so that we can take care in the next cycle ?
What precaution shd we take next time ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Mild hormonal disturbance most commonly causes the development of these functional cysts. It will resolve spontaneously after the periods.
This is likely to correct itself on its own in next few cycles. You can avoid taking ovulation inducing drugs like clomiphene in the next cycle.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Ovarial follicla increased to 27.6X24.5 mm, endometric thickness to 11.5mm. Is it safe to conceive? 31 minutes later
Thank you very much for the reply.
My wife used to have period of 29 or 30 days of time.Last month she had the period on 15th august and we visited the doctor same day. She prescibed to start Conceva (L-arginine, Inositol, Lycopene, Multivitamine and multimineral), Folacin (Folic acid), siphene (clomiphene citrate), zincovit, and conjgex (Conjugated estrogen) from 17th August onwords. As you have mentioned is it the fact that she took all these medicines and the follicle got overgrown ? Please clarify.

Secondly will the follicle get ruptured of its own ? is it a health concern if it is not ruptured ? how to get it ruptured by chemotherapy ?
For your kind information she got period after 34 days this month.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The overgrown follicle might have happened due to clomiphene which is an ovulation inducer. It causes hyperstimulation of the ovaries causing more follicles to form.
This follicle will regress on its own in next one or two cycles. You can get a repeat scan done after completion of her periods to confirm the same.
Usually no medical treatment is needed for such physiological overgrown follicles. Please do not worry.
Best regards.