Other than cervical steroid shot,what are the options for nerve pain and does hyperbaric oxygen treatment help?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
instead of a cervical steroid shot (after cervical surgery) to heal leftover nerve pain, what are my options. i am trying to stop gabapentium. would hyperbaric oxygen treatment help?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes hyperbaric oxygen will help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. For the left over nerve pain after a cervical spine surgery hyperbaric oxygen therapy or ozone treatent- intradiscal injection of ozone may be of help. The intradiscal shots of steroids also do provide relief but the effect is short lived. The ozone treatment or hyperbaric oxygen therapy will help you in decreasing the dose of Gabapentin. The pain relief is good in the long term and its effect usually lasts for more than a year or so. You can discuss these options with your neurosurgeon and get the best treatment planned for you. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL