Otc pain relief over time how do various medications rate

Question
Otc pain relief over time how do various medications rate as to toxsicity as well as effectiveness?
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will provide the safest to you!

Detailed Answer:

There are so many OTC pain medications. My recommendations would be the following:

Best:

Tylenol More friendly to the stomach and less bleeding risk.
Naproxene: Low doses when taken sparingly are safe enough If on it, monitor for stomach pain, black/red stools.

Worst: Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, full strength aspirin:Severe risk of gastric pain and bleeding. Monitor for pain and black stools.

While on these medications, ensure that you are not on blood thinners such as coumadin, xarelto, Eliquis, etc. given your age.

I hope these help. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Follow-up: Otc pain relief over time how do various medications rate 14 hours later
restless leg syndrome

are there medications for this condition that doen t cause drowziness?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
No!

Detailed Answer:

All medications for restless leg syndrome are sedating in nature. It is impossible to get any without such a side effect. However, we may choose to administer at the end of the day so as to allow you function well throughout the day.

I wish you well.