Ask a Urologist   »  

Oral sex,scar on penis,red,indented

Hi im a 17 year old male and the other day i recieved oral sex for the first time but it was painful because her teeth were scraping against my penis. when i got home the next day i noticed that i had a scar line that was red and a bit indented going vertically from my the glans to my scrotum and it is a scrape in the shape of a tooth. it is not exactly a cut it is just red and indented, the only way i can describe it is as damaged skin? it has already been a week and no real improvment. will it heal eventually on its own? and should i worry?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 34 minutes later

I have seen the photograph and from your symptoms it looks like trauma to the penis by friction rub between the teeth and skin.

Follow these methods for a quick relief from this redness:

1)     Wear cotton clothes, undergarments and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material. When doing exercise wear athletic tights or cycling shorts.
2)     Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.
3)     You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.
4)     Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

However since it was an unprotected oral intercourse, if you show any lumps, bumps, discharge, ulcers, tingling, blisters or any other symptoms then get a complete STD panel test done.

Also practice safe sex in future by using condoms.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Oral sex,scar on penis,red,indented 3 hours later
and is it alright for my penis to curve downward while erect? (picture added)
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 hours later

Thanks for writing again,

A slight curve of the penis while being erect is perfectly normal. Hence, you need not be overtly concerned about the same.

However, it is a cause of concern only if there's pain during the erection. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.