Opting for contact lens. Suggest brand and lenses. Precautions?

I am using spectacles since 4-5 years. Now i want to opt contact lens.Please suggest me what to do in this direction. which brand is good and which lenses should i use daily/monthly/yearly lens?
Any precautions need to take before opting lenses?
power -1 for each eye
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 55 minutes later

Welcome to WWW.WWWW.WW
Thank you for sending in your query.

You need to visit an ophthalmologist or an optometrist who can calculate the right power for your lens and do an eye exam to rule out any contraindication for Contact lens use.

The good brands available in the market are Bausch + Lomb, Silklens, Purecon lenses

All types of lenses have their advantages and disadvantages.
The daily lenses are easy to adapt to and being soft they are very comfortable. Daily disposables are very easily torn; hence they are for one-time use only. The other benefit to daily disposable contact lenses is that disinfecting or soaking is not necessary as they are sterile when they are delivered straight from the package and will not be re-used.

The other types though produce mild discomfort in certain patients and have increaed risk of infection are more economical.

Certain precautions which you should follow once you start using lenses:

1. Wash your hands with soap and dry them before touching your lenses.

2. Clean, rinse, and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them.

3. Handle the same lens first to avoid confusing the right and left lenses

4. Keep all solution bottles closed when not in use.

5. Clean your lens case daily and let air dry. Replace your lens case every three months.

6. Remove contacts before you go swimming.

Kindly do get back to me if you have any further query.

Thanking you,