Open sore of buttock which has grown in size. Drains after putting hot compress. What can I do at home to heal it?

i have an open sore on my butt that started as a large pimple. it grew to the size of a grape fruit in a matter of a couple of days. i put hot compress on the the thing and it started to drain but it will not heal. what can i do at home to help it heal
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 7 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Superficial skin lesions which are suppurative can most commonly occur with staphylococcal infections. In which case, even if it is any bacterial one would need prescription antibiotics for a course to heal completely.

I would suggest you to get an appointment soon especially in the background of your hypertension. And you should not afford to have systemic infection if it spreads without treatment.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.