On wellbutrin for depression. Result lasted for only 4 hours. Is this normal?

I i just started taking well butrin 150mg on thursday and had immediate results on friday. However the results only lasted about 4 hours and i went back to depression. Is this normal? Can i increase dosage already?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: normally takes 1 to 3 weeks to have an effect Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Wellbutrin is effective for depression and is also used in other disorders as well. It has an onset of action that is similar to other antidepressants belonging to a different class. This means that in most persons, the effect in normally not seen for 1 to 3 weeks, in some cases up to 4 weeks. It is usually to feel an effect after only 1 day, though persons react differently to medication. Normally , despite it may take up to a week for onset of relief, doctors may sometimes increase the dose prior to this. This increase however, is normally at day 4. Your doctor may consider increasing your dose at day 4 of using it, if he or she thinks a higher dose is needed. Since it is only day 3 today, it cannot go up as yet . You might want to consider speaking to your doctor to find out, if he or she would consider increasing the dose next week. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: On wellbutrin for depression. Result lasted for only 4 hours. Is this normal? 47 minutes later
My problems seem to originate in the limbic part of the brain. My wife is gone on a trip for 6 months and we are unable to communicate. Snce shes been gone ive been diagnosed with separation/adjustment disorder with extreme anxiety. Is wellbutrin designed to deal with that?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: not normally used Detailed Answer: HI Actually wellbutrin is not indicated to treat any anxiety disorders including separation/adjustment disorder. The reason it is not normally used for anxiety is because it increases restlessness, agitation, anxiety,insomnia. In some cases, the doctor may use the medication outside the normal indications for a specific reason and your doctor may have a specific reason that for using this one. Please feel free to ask any other questions