On oxycontin, oxycodone and ibuprofen for back pain. Swelling in upper abdomen and lot of pressure. Diagnosed with stomach ulcer. Treatment?

I have been on oxycontin, oxycodone and ibuprofen for about 10 years for back pain. About 3 years ago I started swelling in my upper abdomen on my right side, I've had cat scans, ultrasounds, blood test, xrays and everyother test you can imagine but they can't figure it out. I was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer about 4 years ago but I took the medicine so I think it got better. Where the swelling is when I lay down it looks like I have a mass bigger than a grapefruit sticking up.When I'm standing I look 9 months pregnant. I have alot of pressure, bloating and a little pain. Sometimes if I don't take the pain meds for abut 3 days the swelling goes down some but the day afer I start taking it again it swells back up. I am very constipated to and my stool looks like it has mucous on it and it is sticky. My feet and legs swell and turn red and have dark spots on them and they tingle like they are going to sleep. what could it be? Please help!!
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exclude IBS, kidney disease and systemic disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do suggest you might need to get evaluated mainly for results implies that the process is functional. Get an evaluation for IBS. Exercise, healthy diet and enough fluids could do some help.

Swelling and changes at the feet require evaluation for kidney disease, systemic disease (Panarteritis nodosa), lower limb vein inflammation (phlebitis) especially if both limbs are attained.

I suggest you consult an internist and a gastroenterologist, if need be, for a complete clinical review. thanks and kind regards and feel free asking further questions if need be.

Kind regards,

Bain LE, MD
Follow-up: On oxycontin, oxycodone and ibuprofen for back pain. Swelling in upper abdomen and lot of pressure. Diagnosed with stomach ulcer. Treatment? 58 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response! The mass on my right side upper abdomen scares me, It used to swell for 2-3 days then go down for a week or so and then swell again. Sometimes it would swell if I ate, different foods irritated it. Now it stays swollen unless I stop taking the pain meds but as soon as I take them again it swells back up. I look and feel pregnant. I worry that it could be cancer and I don't understand why I've had the catscan, x rays, ultrasound, MRI and blood work multiple times with different Doctors over the last 3 years and they can't see anything. They all usually go back to I'm constipated, but that is not whats causing all of my swelling in my abdomen. I'm just so tired of feeling like I can't breath when I lay down, feeling pressure, having to belch (loudly) and not wearing the same size clothes from one day to the next depending on the swelling. As for my legs I keep them propped up like they told me to but now they stay red with the orangish brown spots on my foot half way up my leg, if I don't prop them they feel like ice inside and to the touch and they swell, whether I prop or not they start tingling and feel like pins being stick in them after a few minutes of being propped or dangling down and I half to change positions. I need help, I will try your suggestions but do you think it could be cancer? Also I forgot to tell you I'm over weight and I smoke (trying to quit) Thank you
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries for cancer now

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

i am afraid from the results of your tests, it might be very difficult it should be cancer. I do not actually think its a cancer. I di feel you deserve a keen reevaluation by an experienced physician to reevaluate and try the options I suggested.

A gastroenterologist and internist should be able, working in cohesion to bring up strong diagnostic and management possibilities. Really do not think you need to lose hope at this point in time.

An appropriate diet, XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables, decreased fat intake and exercise could be very useful. Exercise is very important in all these.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best. Feel free asking further questions in case of need. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD