On humira for crohn's. Having pain while urination, abdominal pain and rectal bleeding. What should I do?

Good

Critical Care Specialist
Question
On Humaria for Crohns and currently 6 mg of Entocort took a virus and set off the Crohns.
Question been having pain with urination and ejaculation and low left abdominal pain and rectal burning. Called the doctor because I do get UTI and other infections frequently. He put me on10 days of Cipro twice a day.
I never had the night time frequency, my frequency did increase some, but 85% of time I had a strong frequency, the times when the stream was weak is when I burn more.

Current - some burning in head of penis but stream is strong, pain in testicular area, after ejaculation mainly by masturation have pain and it lasts for a while.

Questions:
1. I have had sexual issues (ed, not knowing when ejaculate no feeling) is it normal to feel pain after ejaculation? If so how long should it last?
2. Should I call my dr and ask for another 10 days of cipro?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Chron's Disease

Answered by Dr. Ghaly 4 hours later

It is not normal to have pain after ejaculation, and is normally not seen.

It sounds to me that you still have UTI; the most common symptoms of it would be burning sensation and increased frequency. At this point I would suggest doing culture and sensitivity for the urine and take the antibiotic the organism is most sensitive to it instead of another course of cipro.

Hope you get better soon. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: On humira for crohn's. Having pain while urination, abdominal pain and rectal bleeding. What should I do? 2 hours later
So probably not prostitis (get this at least yearly) Problem is allergic to numerous antibiotics (penn and cephasplorins) Tetraclicine family tears up my stomach so with Crohns dr doesn't want me to take these.

The pain is the same pain have after urinating just little worse.

Answered by Dr. Ghaly 53 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

This sounds more of UTI.

If you are allergic to all of that, bactrim (Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole ),septra or Nitrofurantoin can be used to treat it. They are not of the penicillin, cephalosporin or tetracycline group and are effective for UTI infection until culture and sensitivity results come back.

Hope this helps you. Do let me know if you have more concerns.