On different medicines for seizures and behavior. Have nausea and throws up, screaming and crying. Suggest?

My niece is special needs and is on five different medicines for seizures and behavior. She sticks her finger in her throat to throw up and most of the time it is mucus. Two weeks ago her neurologist gave her a sixth medicine to help with the nausea and throwing up and the screaming and crying but there is no change. I am so frustrated and hurting for my niece.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. David Okia 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further evaluation and planning.

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your question.
Based on my experience with similar cases I would first recommend CT of brain to rule out any brain lesions and psycho therapy.
If the above does not help we usually do electro convulsive therapy under anesthesia and the results have been good.
I strongly recommend you see a psychiatrist with results of CT of brain, EEG and discuss the option of ECT(electro convulsive therapy) with psychiatrist.

Hope I answered your question, I will be happy to help you if you have more queries.