On blood pressure tablets Micardis. Is it safe to take weight loss product?

Hi there I am on blood pressure tablets Micardis and would like to know if i can take double shot slim fat blocker capsule 1 ingredients are white kidney bean extract, dandelion, artichoke, sea kelp, garcinia, cambogia fruit extract, maltodextrin, magnesium, stearate, silicium and gelatine also double shot slim calorie burner capsuale 2 ingredients are gelatine, phaseolus vulgaris [white kidney bean],4.1 extract invingia gabonesie [ african mango], 5.1 extract paulinia cupana [guarana] extract caffine, camellia sinenis [green tea] extract anti-caking agent, magnesium, stearate, silicon,dioxide as i have been advised that this is a good weight loss product

Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Micardis contains Telmisartan which is usually given to people with borderline Hypertension.

I would consider no harm in taking above mentioned weight loss preparations.The contents do not have any effect on the medication or the blood pressure.

But care has to be taken to avoid abnormal cholesterol which usually gets shown in the blood after weight reduction medications, hence I suggest you to get the Lipid profile done every 6 months ones.If there is any derangement in the Lipid profile then stopping the medication would be essential.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.