On anxit for stress and depression. How long should I continue the medication?

Currently under stress as my beloved M in law passed away. I was very close to he r for the last 25 yrs and unable to bear the loss. Am taking Anxit .25mcg to get over the same. Also on Neskium 40 for sever acidsity and gastric problem. How long can I take the above. Feel terribly depressed. No amountof Yoga and meditation i s giving me relief
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Anxit till symptoms subside,Neksium for 2 months. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. I am sorry for the incident happened. You can continue the tablets Anxit 0.25mcg. This drug has been used by many of my patients for years with no complications, but you should never take more dosage of this drug without your doctor's advice. If the depression does not subside then you can take tab clonazepam with your doctor's advice. Tab Neksium 40 is for acidity and you can take this for a month (max 2 months I prefer) and then replace it by ranitidine 150mg BD and then once daily. Prolonged use of Neksium can cause atrophic gastritis. I can understand the pain when we lose our loved ones, but try to come out of it. Keep engaged yourself in physical activities, outdoor exercises and spend time with friends and family members. Spending time doing physical activities will reduce the depression and also help in forgetting the incident. Have plenty of fluids and also nutritious food. Have Tab Albendazole which will help in killing the intestinal worms(may be responsible for reduced hemoglobin level) and take iron supplements. These will help you to increase the Hb level and your well being. Hope this answered your query and helpful to you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you faster recovery and good health. Regards