On HCG drops diet. Having constant vomiting. Due to the diet?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I recently completed the 40 days on the HCG drops, now I am in the transition phase, the 3 days of 5oo calories without the drops, and I cannot seem to keep any food down, I am constantly vomiting, especially in the morning. Is this normal and how can I get it to go away without jepordizing the 3rd phase of the diet.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
The feeling of vomiting is common with such low calorie diets.
It is usually associated with excessive gastric acidity.
You can take some general measures like-
1. You can start by taking soft, bland food: toast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes, baked chicken ~ no skin, etc.
2.Replace lost fluid and salts: Have broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits, or vegetables. Take clear soups, clear sodas or juice mixed with water to help prevent dehydration. You should avoid having plain water and dark sodas.
3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist, Raw fruits and vegetables, fried & greasy food and fast food, spicy food, caffeine,etc.
Taking medicines like omeprazole and domperidone will be helpful in providing symptomatic relief.
If the symptoms are not relieved , medical treatment is needed after proper examination.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: On HCG drops diet. Having constant vomiting. Due to the diet? 15 hours later
Thanks for the Reply, the issue after doing the initial phase 2 of the HCG diet is you cannot have sugar or starch products, therefor, oast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes would not work, no point in sacrificing 40 days of a strict diet to gain it all back the first few days. Ether way, I tried a low sodium, low carbs and low calories soup from whole foods and took some emergen-c electromix for electrolytes with no sugar, sodium or calories added. Which worked wonders. I feel much better today. Just thought I'd share for any other people that might have this issue.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am happy that you are feeling better now.

Wishing you a good health.