On BP medicine. Getting fluttering sensation in lower calf. Should I be worried?

I have a "fluttering" feeling in lower calf. It happens frequently. Subsides on its own. No pain but is happening on a fairly regular basis. No swelling. I am on BP medicine which includes a diuretic. My BP is usually 120/80 (on low dose Micardis/HCT).
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 21 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

In all probability, there may not be anything to worry.

The veins won’t cause this fluttering sensation.
A clot has already been ruled out.

Artery could cause this sensation. . If so, it should be constant – unlikely to subside.

Hence, it is most likely to be muscle twitching (fasciculation).
This happens normally in many people and there is no cause for concern.
Since you are taking HCT, have your electrolytes (especially potassium) checked.
Also a look at calcium, phosphorous and magnesium may give a clue in some cases.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck