On 10mg celexa. Put on generic prozac. Have stomach problems. Safe?

i was on 10 mg celexa for 1 wk didn't like it.. Dr put me on generic Prozac only took 1 10 mg now stomach problems so she stopped all for a wk is this safe
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, if there is no aggravation in your symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these medication intolerance and the changes.

Medications are meant to control our symptoms. Because of its multiple indications, it is difficult to pinpoint why you are taking it but I want to believe this could be for depression.

If you are feeling somewhat okay and not terrible, then it is a good thing to do. However, if you are feeling terrible then stopping medications that you most need wouldn't have been a good idea.

If your safety is related to having stopped the medication, then it is very safe. Just follow up with your doctor to see what the next plans are. For now you are safe as concerns these medications and the only worry should be whether you are getting better or not.

I hope you find this helpful and that it addresses your query fully, I wish you well and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I thank you so much for having used our services.
Dr. Ditah, MD