Oily skin and hair, lot of acne. On MG medicines. How to get rid of it?

Hi my age is 24 yrs, i have a very oily skin and hair..due to which i have lot of acne on face, consulted dermotologist and taking high MG medicines..however I wish to know what best I can do in order to get a pimle free skin, and oil free hair
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 51 minutes later

Acne is a disease of young people. Acne includes white heads, black heads, pustules, nodules, etc depending upon the severity.

Acne occurs in oily skin and are a result of blockage or infection of the oil glands. Oil glands in the scalp give hair an oily look and are also treated by Retinoids.

Treatment of acne involves treating the infection and preventing new lesions from erupting.

Infection has to be treated with antibiotics - topical and oral and to prevent new lesions - Retinoids are prescribed either oral or topical. Retinoids restrict the oil secretion and make the face dry and prevents acne.

A course of oral Retinoids under the supervision of a qualified dermatologist goes a long way in contolling the symptoms of acne and in most cases restricts or minimise new lesions to a lot of extent.

Hope, I have answered all your questions. If you are satisfied and has no further queries, please accept my answer.

Dr.Rohit Batra