Occasionally have indent half way down in penis. What could it be?

I occasionally have an indent half way down my penis similar to squeezing a sausage ballon It looks like fat dispalcement and I've had this condition for many years. It doesny affect its operation and if I apply gentle pressure everthing goes back to normal! but Iam concious of it and I avoid locker rooms etc I've had this problem for many years now
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Maybe Lipoma.Don't worry.Can be removed.Examinatio

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since the indent disappears after applying slight pressure and it does not affect the function of penis and you don't have any other symptoms, you need not to worry for it.
> Your explanation suggest that the lesion may be most probably due to lipoma (collection of body fat). This won't affect your functions and are benign one. For cosmetic purpose if you don't want this to appear then you can get it removed with simple procedure (excision) after getting a USG of the lesion done.

> I will be little concerned if its size increases, if you develop any symptoms like sever itching, change in color, pain and if it affects the function. Otherwise no need to worry. Also get checked at your inguinal region for any swelling or hard nodules (lymphadenopathy). If present you are required to get examined by your doctor for any other cause.

> I advice you to consult your doctor for examination once to diagnose the problem.

Hope this answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Occasionally have indent half way down in penis. What could it be? 15 minutes later
Thank you for your reply and yes it doesn't cause me any discomfort and it hasn't altered for 20 years. But I would like to rectify it please could you advise how I should proceed as you also said it's a simple procedure. (I hope that makes sense)
Could you also advise how it may have occurred and whether it's a common problem.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Simple Excision.MayOccur due to minor injury.Commo

Detailed Answer:

Yes its a common problem. Most of the people have this problem but at different sites. This may appear at different sites.
The exact cause is unknown but this may occur due to birth defect, minor injury or due to hereditary.

This can be removed by simple outpatient procedure. Doctor injects a local anesthetic around the lipoma, makes a small incision in the skin, removes the growth, and closes the incision with sutures (incision size and number of sutures depends on the lipoma size).

Hope this clarified your queries. Feel free to ask if you have any queries.