Occasional discomfort on chest, upper arm, nausea. Recently recovered from diarrhoea. What could be the reason?

some chest discomfort occasionally and on the outside of my shoulder/upper arm. a little nausea but no vomiting. just got over diarrhea for 2 days. yellow in collor...then starting last night a darker stool. waking up at 5am the last 3 days not feeling great.
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abid 2 hours later
Hi there and sorry to hear about your problem....

I will try my best to help you out.

First thing as you mentioned you have had diarrhoea initially yellow coloured followed by darker stools so chances of infective colitis is highly likely you should get Stool Routine Examination followed by Stool culture, as far as chest pain is concerned you are young male so chances of angina is highly unlikely in your case it can be simply muscular pain that comes and goes with activity and not continuous. If you feel persistent pain then once get your ECG.

Regards and wish you good health.