Nursing mother. Have severe gastric problem, body pain. Safe to take eliwel?

My wife is having severe gastroenteritis problem, she gets lot of body pains due to gas generated, if she burrps continously for 30 minutes or 1hour it reduces.
My wife is also a mother of our 16 month old daughter, my daughter is on breast fed milk.
We consulted a gastroenterologist, he has suggested eliwel10 which is a kind of antidepressant.
Since my wife is feeding mothers milk to my daughter will Eliwel 10 have any side effects on my daughter if my wife takes it
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 13 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Well if your daughter is 16 months old then she can go off breast milk.

I suggest eliwel should not be used in breast feeding females.
Though it is a good drug to control her symptoms, it is worthwhile to wait till she stops breast feeding.

Tell her to modify lifestyle in the form of regular walks, yoga, meditation and adequate sleep along with curtailing stress.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish her a speedy recovery.