Numbness and swelling in both legs. Is there any way to get rid of this feeling?

Had numbness and a little swelling in both legs from hip down for two weeks. Symptoms do not dissipate with any action or inaction. Did not fall before symptoms came on, or do anything different in regards to diet... ect. Is there any way to get rid of this feeling?
I'm waiting on an MRI as I've seen a neurologist last week but don't even have the apt time yet. I'm very uncomfortable and am getting to the point where my life is being interrupted as I can't walk or do much exercise, play with my daughter because my legs start to hurt.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Retest for dermatofibrosarcoma

Detailed Answer:

I would suggest a doppler study of the veins to check for DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which would have recurred. I would also test for dermatofibrosarcoma. The color doppler study will help in ruling them.

I hope the last pregnancy was uneventful and with no complications. Do you take any medicines for any other reason?

I can understand your situation now but a primary care doctor would be able to help you before you XXXXXXX the Neurologist. he can help you to an extent to carry out your daily activities.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Numbness and swelling in both legs. Is there any way to get rid of this feeling? 8 hours later
Why would I test for DVT, or the sarcoma, the type that I had was a skin cancer... there is nothing showing on my skin. When I had DVT the pain was severe not like now, I can walk without pain, my pain comes after a long day on my feet.
My GP sent me to the ER where they did a physical exam, mostly strength tests to assess me and the MRI is a result of their lack of findings.

I have to wait a while for this test and my question was is there anything I can do in the meantime to ease my symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Accupressure and Hot water

Detailed Answer:

Accupressure technique and Hot water dipping of the legs at home. They will ease the pain definitely. With these the muscles relax a bit.

If there is swelling and pain it means there is inflammation though there is no visible redness. They may be originating from the muscles. You can anti inflammatory medicines like ADVIL or MOTRIN at a smaller dose like 200mg.

Thank you.