Numbness and puffiness in cheek. Indentation present. Due to food poisoning?

Hello, I recently went out for dinner and a few hours later then left side of my cheek felt "numb" and looked very puffy, when I looked into the mirror and smiled I notice a very XXXXXXX indedtation under my cheek thayt was never there. It has been a few days and it is no longer number but the indentation is still there (not as noticable as before) but still on my face. Do you think it has something to do with what I ate 3 days ago or?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks foe query.
Prima facie it looks as if your food was responsible for this swelling and numbness.
However there can be few other reasons which should be explored.
Did it happen to you for the first time?
Is there any ear blockage on left side?
Do you have any sinus problem?
Have you lost any control on the face and is the face drooping?
Are there any excessive tearing on that side?
Is there any history of recent trauma on head?
Once the answers for these questions are known,the diagnosis can be narrowed down.