Numb feeling under eyes. Prescribed with antibiotics for sinus infection. Any suggestion?

I have a numb feeling just under my eye / sinus area. I had it for approx 6 weeks on and off and it was a constant annoyance. I attended a doctor who gave me antibiotics for a sinus infection. I took these but possibly missed a day or two during the course ., Since then i have used all possible over the counter from saline , to flushing out my sinus. My sinus is not congested and i have no trouble breathing but the pain/ discomfort remains ! Is it possible/likely that i have a muscle or trapped nerve and not a sinus problem

Thanks any suggestion would be great
my eye also feels quite heavy and im a little more tired and run down also
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Evaluation required.Life style modifications.

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX

At the age of 31, with no breathing problem / congestion / inflammation the symptoms of pain/ discomfort and numb feeling around eyes may be due to many causes like sinus problem, deviated nasal septum, variation in BP or blood sugar level, stress, problem in ear, disturbed sleep and due to migraine or nerve problem. These are some of the common causes for the symptoms. So this needs further evaluation to rule out the causes.

So for now I advice you to get done general physical examination from your doctor and get examined for your blood sugar level, BP, intra ocular pressure and ENT examination to find the right cause of it.

Mean time you need to take plenty of fluids, nutritious food and regular out door exercises. Breathing exercises will help you. Have adequate sound sleep every day.
You can take NSAID for pain / discomfort and also take vitamin supplements containing B6 & B12. Pregabalin will be helpful if the problem is due to nerve.

If you are taking anti histamine drug like cetrizine / levocetrizine and antibiotics you can stop them after consulting your doctor as I don't advice 6 weeks of these drug without knowing the cause.

I hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.

Follow-up: Numb feeling under eyes. Prescribed with antibiotics for sinus infection. Any suggestion? 9 minutes later
I was gonna try an osteopath to check for nerve damage would this be useful
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. May be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Yes he may be helpful in knowing the cause and treating it. But you also want general physical examination once by a doctor to rule out any systemic cause as explained before.

Wish you faster recovery and good health.