Nuclear stress reports showed mild reversible ischemia. Is angioplasty required?

my nuclear stress reports shows very mild reversible ischemia in anterior wall in the LAD territory.The left ventricular ejection is 71 docter is ding question is ,is docter will do angioplasty during angiography for mild ischemia.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
During angiogram, if the doctor detects a major ischaemia affecting a large portion of the heart wall- more than 50% with a decrease in ejection fraction to less than 60% then angioplsty is considered.
For the mild ischaemic changes like you are having, angioplasty is usually not required.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.