Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white spots on penis. Cleaned with anti bacterial soap and applied metrogel. Have swelling and scabbing

Noticed white spots on rim of penis. Wiped them away and cleaned with anti bacterial soap and applied metrogel that I use for Rocacsia on face. Skin under head has now swelled and some small scabbing has occurred.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May represent and infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored having this opportunity to address your query. I hope together we would be able to identify the cause and provide solutions to you.

Fr the information you have provided, this most likely represents and infection. It could represent a simple infection like staphylococcal skin infection. Also, it could represent a STDs if you have any risk factors for STDS like unprotected sex and or multiple sexual partners.

The best way forward would be to mange this as a wound. However, if you are not too sure of your sexual life, then getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases would be very important to identify the exact cause and propose solutions.

Cleansing daily with an antiseptic, preventing over heat by dressing light and avoiding constant friction with your underwear would be the main stay of treatment.

I hope this addresses your query fully and provides guidance on the way forward. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you a speedy recovery and best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD