Ask a Dentist   »  

Noticed white head on gum of 4 month old baby. What could it be?

just notice my four month yr old with a white head of the side of her gum. what could it be. it does hurt her I put bonjela on it seems to ease for a bit.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

It is very common for children of this age to put things in the mouth. Inadvertently the gums must have been hurt giving rise to the "white head" as described by you. Had you uploaded a picture of the same it would have been better for us to give you a definite response.

If applying Bonjela seems to have ease her discomfort then it is good but be sure to apply the one for children and not the adult one. Use it only if the child is uncomfortable.

Wishing your child the best.......