Noticed white foam in stool. Stool test normal. No digestion problem. Any ideas?

My wife has been having white foam in stool for last 3-4 days. Prior to that she had powdery stools for about a month. The stool-culture and stool routine-microscopic did not show up any issues. She generally doesn't have any problems related to stool/digestion. Any idea what this could be?
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 51 minutes later

Welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.

I have gone through your reports of stool examination. It is completely normal. There is no any bacterial or parasitic organisms seen. Also no mucus or blood in stool report. It suggests intestinal mucus is completely normal. There is no any infection in intestine.

Foamy stool or powdery stool is just a normal variations in bowel or stool habit. No need to worry about. If only it is associated with any other symptoms then you need to consult your physician. Meanwhile please have plenty of water, fruits with probiotic. It will help to regularize the bowel consistency.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further concern, please let me know.