Ask a Dentist   »  

Noticed two wisdom teeth on one side. What should I do?

Hi im 23 years old and i have noticed that both wisdom teeth have came in sideways. If not causing any pain is it harmful for me to keep them? If so what are the side effects?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later

I would like to inform you that when wisdom teeth erupt sideways, as in your case then in order to decide whether extraction is indicated or not, an x-ray of the concerned tooth is required.

I advise you to see an oral surgeon for a complete dental check up.

Also, a laterally erupted wisdom tooth exerts pressure on the adjacent tooth, causing damage to it.
Therefore it is preferable to extract the wisdom tooth.

But, it depends on your tooth x-ray and the dentist, to decide on the best treatment for you.

I hope I answered your query.
If you have any questions for me, kindly post them.
I wish you good health.