Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed swollen penis after sex and experiencing painful urination. What is the cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hello, I have had a swollen penis for 48 hours now... I am needing to get the swelling down. it started when I had sex and "halfway" ejaculated. next day my penis felt jammed. when I went to pee it hurt sooo bad and felt like my pee stream hit a dam. now it has been swollen for 48 hours near the head.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is likely to be due to injury to glanspenis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have either infection of glans penis or injury to the glans during intercourse. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details along with photographs of your penis(If possible) to help me to make comments on your problem . 1) Did you have rough ,dry vigorous unprotected sex sex? and have you sustained any injury to penis during sex? 2) Do you have swelling of the foreskin (Paraphimosis)? 3)Are you able to replace your foreskin back on glans penis .? 4) Did you have any bleeding after sex? I shall be able to make comments after getting feed back from you. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed swollen penis after sex and experiencing painful urination. What is the cure? 1 hour later
yes had sex. and I am circumsized. peeing has been a little painful but getting better...
Follow-up: Noticed swollen penis after sex and experiencing painful urination. What is the cure? 1 minute later
it all started after "halfway" ejaculating. the next day my penis felt jammed. when I went to go pee, it felt like my urine stream hit a XXXXXXX wall inside and it hurt like crazy.... then ever since it has been swollen. only towards the head.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It is mostly due to injury. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feedback. It is mostly due to trivial injury to your glans and terminal urethra during sex. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Ensure to drink more water.to keep your urine dilute Avoid sexual activity till it gets cured completely. This problem should get resolved within a week . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed swollen penis after sex and experiencing painful urination. What is the cure? 16 minutes later
how can I obtain the anibiotics and inflamitory's? please let me know and I will try to get them asap...

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Get prescription from your family Physician. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. You have to get prescription of these drugs from your family Physician to get these medicines from drug stores. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed swollen penis after sex and experiencing painful urination. What is the cure? 6 hours later
I have no physician and I also have no insurance... I am a single father... I would really appreciate maybe some kind of home remedy? I need to get better...

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer: You can take Bruphen Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. You can take Bruphen which is freely available over the counter without prescription. Thanks and Regards, Dr.Patil.