Noticed swollen gland in skin covering penis head, irritating and hurts. Remedy?

Dec 2013

Doctor , I am 45 years of age. 3 days back i noticed a swollen gland in the skin covering the penis head (below the urinal opening). It looks like some kind of lump. There is little irritating pain and it hurts while pressing. I did not indulge in any sexual intercourse or masterbation in last few days. So i am actually surprised with this swollen skin condition. I am little worried. Please advice
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 55 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

Myself Dr S K Kanodia and will try to provide you the best of information regarding your query.

As per your query you have lump kind of thing below your urinal opening is from last three days. Now there can be multiple of possibilities of the same as we can not see a close picture of it. Most commonly this can be simple prominence of the blood vessels over the glans penis.

The skin over the glans penis is the thinnest skin over the body. So even slightest of friction or minor trauma can make the blood vessels more prominent. It is not painful per say, but as it is on penile skin so the look itself irritates us. You know for men even the slightest of the problem over penis can be bother some to us.

There can be multiple other possibilities over the same but before I give the closest possibility I would like to ask you- that have you been indulged in some kind unprotected sexual activity or any chances of friction in last couple of days.

As to guide you for the closest possibility, I request you to kindly upload one close up picture with good resolution. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries for the same. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia)

Waiting for your reply so that I can guide you further.

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)