Noticed sudden pain in breast and shoulder blade while standing. Mastectomy done. Looking for relief?

I was standing and had sudden pain on my right side...I believe it started in front...nonetheless, the pain goes from my right breat to my right shoulder blade...I have had a mastectomy on the right side, so I don't think breast cancer is a consideration...this has lasted at least 20 or 30 minutes...subsiding somewhat when I reclined.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I think you should seek medical attention.

Looking to your age and as you are hypertensive cardiac problems needs to be ruled out first.

There could be other reasons for these kinds of pain also like:

>Muscular spasm due to some posture related problem, pressure on the part due to some reason
>Acid peptic problem etc.

Still, I think you should visit your doctor and get your self examined. You might be advised EKG to look for the cardiac pain.

Right side pains are mostly non cardiac, still it is not a rule and one can have pain on right side and cardiac problem.

I think medical consultation is mandatory. Please get in touch with your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Noticed sudden pain in breast and shoulder blade while standing. Mastectomy done. Looking for relief? 20 minutes later
Pretty sure not cardiac...but will ck in the morning.
Heat doesn't help as much as it usually, does with muscle issues...
So likely not spasms.
So what about digestive possibilities? For 4 days ending yesterday i had severe bloating and stomach/intestinal tenderness...took Gas X and Pepto Bismol which seem to abate the issue ...

Good to hear from you again.

I appreciate your confidence, but is always better to play safe.

Normally pains related to digestive tract are triggered by some food and come gradually and are not very severe in nature.You had some discomfort since last 4 days,that might raises suspicion about gastric problem.

Still you can try with measures you are comfortable with for digestive problems and in case you do not feel comfortable, please consult your doctor.