Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed stringy white stuff after urination. What is this?

Hey after I uranated today stringy white stuff cam out f my penus
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Discharge from the penis is usually due to inflammation or infection of the urethra which is the tube in the penis that passes urine and semen.It can be caused by the bacteria that cause sexually transmitted disease.
Gonorrhoea or chlamydia cause alot of the cases of urethritis.Chemical irritation by soaps and lotions can also cause irritation of the urethra.
In addition to a discharge, some men may have burning on urination, urge to pass urine more than before, tenderness.
The exact cause of the symptoms is diagnosed by examination by your doctor who may also ask for a urine sample to send to the lab.
The treatment is normally a course of antibiotics.

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions