Noticed sores on penis, discoloration. Had unprotected sex. Herpes, psoriasis or eczema?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Is this herpes?

About 4 weeks after having sex, I noticed three sores on top of my penis shaft. I shave in that are and masturbate a lot (about 4-5 times a day on weekends) which sometimes chafes my skin. I also ride biker shorts and sweat profusely. I'm not good about washing down there. These sores didn't itch, nor did they burn, or really scab. They also didn't form blisters. Now, they are just white discolorations.

I took a swab test and it came back inconclusive. I'm also getting tested for all other STDs. I am hoping it's a skin condition such a dermititis or ezcema (I have had that before and Psoriasis runs in my immediate family). I don't trust blood tests with HSV. I assume that if I did contract it, then I would get another outbreak..

Thoughts?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From your description, the lesions you have on your penis are more likely to be due to dermatitis with a superadded fungal infection. The possibility of STD's is less likely. Still it is best to get yourself tested for the same.
General cleanliness measures are necessary to avoid such infections.
You can apply local antifungal creams like lotrimin and see if it helps.
In case the lsions become reddened, painful, increase in size or are associated with some discharge then you need to consult a dermatologist for proper examination and treatment.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.