Noticed some blood in underwear near urethra, looks like a hole. Had a hysterectomy. What is it?

I noticed some blood in my underwear, like a light period. I've had a hysterectomy so I knew that wasn't it. I checked myself and have found blood under the skin beside the urethra and what looks like a little hole. Does this need to be checked?
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The mild bleeding that you are having is likely to be due to a local trauma during intercourse or a vaginal infection.
This is most likely to subside on its own in a day or two. You can self monitor the area for next few days.
In case there is associated vaginal discharge, itching, burning micturition, etc then you need to consult your gynecologist for a physical examination and proper management.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.