Noticed smelly fluid leakage from belly button. Easy way to get cure?

my belly button is leaking smelly fluid what is it ?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The belly button or umbilicus has got uneven scar like surface and that remains burried in a dimple and in skin folds. This tends to keep the surface moist and makes it susceptible to infections.
The watery smelly discharge suggests a local infection and should be examined and treated after assessment by a physician of your locality.
Some patients may have discharge due to abnormal congenital communication with the gut, in which case the problem would have been there since early years.
In either case review to a physician is indispensable.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!