Noticed small white bump on penis. Not painful. How to get rid of it?

I woke up this morning and noticed this small white bump on my penis. I am a sexually active XXXXXXX male. It is not painful. Just looking to find out what it is and how to get it to go away.

I should add that I always practice safe sex. I tested negative for everything at the end of July. Also, it was not as noticeable until I tried to squeeze it thinking it may be a pimple.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Manage as a furuncle

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

From the image and information you have provided, this looks like a furuncle. This is a small abscess on the skin. I will suggest that you go ahead and cleanse it twice daily with a local disinfectant like Iodine. It should get healed completely within a week.

However, if it shouldn't, then only at that time would I suggest you consider seeking for further medical attention. It in no way looks like any sexually transmitted infection that have ever seen.

I hope this addresses your query and provides guidance on how to go. Keep practicing safe sex all the times as you have already highlighted. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

NB: Have you been vaccinated against HPV already? Maybe a good option.
Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Noticed small white bump on penis. Not painful. How to get rid of it? 4 minutes later
what over the counter product contains iodine? or what are the local disinfectant options?

I have not been vaccinnated against HPV
should I get vaccinnated?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Betadine...Yes for HPV

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for following up with me.

Betadine is an OTC product and you can find it at any pharmacy.

Talk to your doctor about HPV vaccination to make sure you are eligible. This helps prevents HPV infections that predispose to cancers. You should be strongly considered for this. Also, ask about hepatitis B is you are not already vaccinated against as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks and wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD