Noticed small spots on tongue, had chest infection, on antibiotic. Had croaky throat and sleepy. Cause?

well ive just noticed i have small spots or lumps on my tough toward the back. they don't hurt but i had a chest infection about 4 weeks ago then after a week on anti biotic s i was ok apart from a croaky throat, which a have often got over the years if a bit run down from over doing it... i have been feeling flat and sleepy but can get like that if a bit depressed or down ... anyway im getting worried it might be throat cancer !?? i only noticed the spots today..
thanks XXXXXXX howells
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO...too little information to suggest it!

Detailed Answer:

Thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these spots and the troubling thoughts this has raised.

From the information you have provided, these spots as of now are very non specific and I will simply request that you monitor it over weeks before seeking any further medical attention unless something new comes up. Having seen the just today alongside the description(multiple), it males it very very unlikely to be called or suspected as cancerous. Monitoring over time may one day lead us there if they increase in size or fail to resolve. For now NO. I am really feel these ay represent the taste buds at the back of the tongue that are often more prominent than those in front.

My suggestion is to forget about and am pretty confident they would get resolved over the coming days/weeks.

Hope this addresses your query fully. Follow up questions for clarification are welcome if need be. I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD