Noticed small red bumps on tip of my penis after swimming on ocean. Remedy?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon

i went swimming in the ocean today and after driving home (about 1 hour) in wet shorts i noticed small red bumps on my tip of my penis right around the hole.

I also urinated a couple times while swimming.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan Rommstein 49 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

this is common and you shouldnt be worried. It is caused by salt water and rubbing penis head against swimming clothes. Also ,while urinating this irritation is more probable because urethral opening is more opened then. Very rarely some infectious disease may cause such rash bit if this persists more than 5 days, it should be considered. Wish you good health. Regards
you should just clean salt and apply some mild neutral cream if you have. It will pass in 2 days.